Wednesday, March 17, 2010

How to make it in Lagcc ~ Semester Plan


English – with Mr. Smith
So far I can say that my English class has been quite eventful and look like it will be that way till June. I am under the impression that class projects will be in relation to that of my mass communications class and to my American film class. But when it comes to homework and class work, blog spot seems to be a gift from the gods. Being able to check up and see assignments and other classmates work has been very helpful and quite possibly essential to success this semester. My plan for success in this class is to work on my writing skills as much as possible inside and outside the class, try to expand my explanation/writing.

American Film – Joyce
The Syllabi I have received for my film class has a breakdown of each time the class meets, giving specific details on class, assignments and projects.
Written assignments on classes 5, 11
Tests on classes 7, 13, 21
And the final oral presentation on the 22 class
Lectures and screenings are distributed throughout the course. My plan is complete every assignment as soon as I can, stay active in class and absorb as much as I can.

Mass media / communications – Lou
Being the only teacher to use the blackboard, it can be said that completing homework will be easier than expected, direct links to classmates work and teachers input. I plan to expand on my verbal communication skills, immerse myself deep into the media, and to over all be a sponge and gain as much knowledge as possible of the next few weeks.

At this point in my academic career, due dates and deadlines don’t intimidate me, I’m not worried about that. Nor am I worried about my attendance, my plan for success it to learn as much as I can from the professors I have, complete the work in a fashion where I don’t look at it as work, or something I don’t want to do. To me it’s all about how you view your work and your attitude, anyone can complain and not do the work, but it takes more to not only complete your work correctly and properly but to have fun doing it and at the end of the day be able to say “ I learned something”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Train of Thought by Eric Palanza is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at noxer23.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://noxer23.blogspot.com/.